A home that feels like a welcoming meadow
The homeowners wanted a house that they could surrender to—one that reflected their North Carolina roots, as well as their love of fine wood craftsmanship. What they created in their log home was just that—a home that feels comfortable, welcoming and familiar. They wanted a home where elegance and rustic charm could easily blend together and pass the time.
- Location: New Mexico
- Home Style: Handcrafted, full-scribe
- Total Square Ft. – Main Floor & Basement: 3,266 sq. ft.
- Main Floor: 1,633 sq. ft.
- Optional Basement: 1,633 sq. ft.
- About Pricing: Please view our pricing guide for details.
- Cover photo and feature in Log Cabin Homes magazine – 2015 Buyers Guide
Log or Timber Work
- Wood species: Western Red Cedar
- Average Wall Log Diameter: 16”
- Surface Finish: Draw-knife
- Stain: Timber Pro Coatings Canada TR-28 Light Pine
- Siding: Milled half-log siding on garage
- Special Features:
- Cedar flares (roof members, posts and corner ends)
- Diamond-notched corners with staggered ends
Every step of the way, Robert was patient and understanding with our thoughts and goals. His suggestions far exceeded our original vision and soon we made many changes to the floor plan, thus creating our custom layout that we ultimately were able to watch become a reality. Every step of the way was a pleasurable process.- Charlene & J. W.