Picturesque, Unique & Functional
The homeowners wanted a private, radiant escape where they could enjoy the outdoors in a hand-crafted log chalet with panoramic views of the Cascade (mountain) Range and nearby fir and pine forests. They built their home to be a place of tranquility, serenity and the unexpected—like the large log that was built into the staircase that the family affectionately calls "the whale".
- Location: Washington State
- Home Style: Handcrafted, Full-Scribe
- Total Square Ft. – Main & Second Floor: 2,703 sq. ft.
- Main Floor: 1,572 sq. ft.
- Second Floor: 1,131sq. ft.
- About Pricing: Please view our pricing guide for details.
- Magazine cover photo and feature in Log Cabin Homes magazine, November 2013
- Magazine cover photo and feature in Log Home Living magazine, December 2017
Log or Timber Work
- Wood species: Western Red Cedar
- Average Wall Log Diameter: 16”
- Surface Finish: Latewood
- Stain: Timber Pro Coatings Canada TR-32 Harvest Brown (Exterior 100%; Interior 50%)
- Special Features:
- Cedar flares (roof members, posts and corner ends)
- Diamond-notched corners with staggered ends
- Custom log staircase and log railings
- Log bell trusses
We wanted to thank you and Summit Log and Timber Homes for making our log home purchase fun and easy. We gave you our budget, needs, and our expectations. We are COMPLETELY satisfied, especially with the quality of the logs. They look GREAT!- The Gehringers