A Family Tree at the Heart of Their Home
The homeowners wanted an open, single level floor plan. At the heart of the floor plan is their family tree, which also serves as the main support for the roof system.
- Location: Arizona
- Home Style: Handcrafted, Full-Scribe
- Main Floor: 3,000 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio Area: 744 sq. ft.
- Garage: 612 sq. ft.
- Estimated Turn-Key Cost: $900,000.00 (does not include the property, site improvements, basement, or garage) learn more about pricing
- Feature in Log Cabin Homes magazine – November 2019
Log or Timber Work
- Wood species: Western Red Cedar
- Average Wall Log Diameter: 16”
- Surface Finish: Draw-knife
- Special Features:
- Cedar flares (roof members, posts and corner ends)
- Diamond-notched corners with staggered ends
- Family Tree
In November of 2016, my husband and I found a piece of property deserving of our dream mountain home. We did our homework and searched out the perfect partners to make our dreams come true. We found that partner in Robert Lockerby and Summit Log and Timber Homes. They patiently listened to all of our ideas and somehow tweaked those into something really beautiful. Our dream will become a reality before the end of this year and we would wholeheartedly recommend the Summit team to anyone looking to bring their dream of building a handcrafted home into reality. Robert and his team have gone above and beyond, in every twist and turn, and made this experience one that will live on throughout our lives and the lives of those left to treasure this beautiful home.- Kane and Rena Whitaker